Using Apiary Book, a beekeeper can instantly identify a hive by scanning barcodes.
There are two options:
- generate a QR code, print it out and post it on the hive
- scan an existing hive barcode
EXISTING HIVE BARCODE
- Open the Apiary Book app
- In the top left, tap Menu ≡
- Tap Hives
- In the top right, tap ⁝ (option menu)
- Choose Read barcode
- Scan an exiting hive barcode
- Add result string (e.g. 68800000011) as the name of the hive
- Scan the barcode and add new inspection etc.
Subscribe to the YouTube channel for app tips, tricks and how-to’s.
Also, an user can choose what action is performed after reading the hive barcode:
- Display of actions (Hive details, Add inspection, Add/Remove hive component, Bee family strength graph)
- Show hive details
- Add new inspection
The following barcode formats are supported:
- 1D barcodes: EAN-13, EAN-8, UPC-A, UPC-E, Code-39, Code-93, Code-128, ITF, Codabar
- 2D barcodes: QR Code, Data Matrix, PDF-417, AZTEC