The sentence “the foraging area around an apiary extends for two miles (3 km)” can be a good reason for a fun journey (i.e. together with your friends or family/kids).
So, if you are curious about the geographical limit of the flight of your bees and you want to walk around half an hour, just take your smartphone with Apiary Book application installed and start a fun trip.
Steps to follow:
- make sure to add geographical coordinates (latitude/longitude) to your apiary
- press Map button
- the foraging area is shown on the Google Maps
- plan and start your journey
- check your geographical position from time to time
- press My location button (if necessary)
- when you reach the forage area limit just stop for a minute and think about your bees